Are you a fundraising and digital communications whiz? Committed to building authentic relationships with volunteers and supporters? Passionate about social justice and community-led development? Join us!
We are recruiting for a part-time Fundraising and Supporter Relations Coordinator to strengthen and manage our donor development and engagement program.
indigo foundation is independent of government funding and we very much value our community of supporters in Australia. This role is a newly created position and you will be responsible for strengthening our fundraising systems to engage and grow our supporter base and donations in Australia.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Donor stewardship: Strengthen systems to build and maintain a vibrant community of supporters. Develop strategies to deepen engagement and increase donations, including launching a regular giving program and a major giving circle.
- Digital fundraising: Develop and implement a digital strategy for fundraising campaigns to optimise income growth from existing and new channels.
- Database management: Manage the transition to a new CRM and lead ongoing management and analysis of the database.
- Communications: Collaborate with the Executive Director on the development of donor communications including appeals, newsletters and social media.
- Volunteer support: Support, mentor and develop resources for fundraising volunteers and volunteer committees in Sydney, Canberra and Melbourne.
- Events: Support and resource volunteer committees to organise indigo foundation events.
- At least three years experience in not-for-profit fundraising
- Demonstrated success in donor stewardship strategies to engage, retain and grow a strong community of supporters and increase income
- Experience working with CRMs and dataset management
- Experience in digital fundraising
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to achieving social justice, the principles of empowerment and the human rights of women and girls
- Ability to use initiative and work remotely with minimum supervision
- High level of ethics and integrity
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team, work cross culturally and value diversity.
- Professional membership of Fundraising Institute of Australia and/or courses undertaken with the Fundraising Institute of Australia
- Experience in graphic design
- Experience with social media fundraising campaigns
- Experience in managing volunteers
- Tertiary qualification or equivalent experience in communications, marketing or a related field
Full terms of reference and capabilities available on request.
About the role
In this role, you will bring your leadership and initiative to the table to help us expand our fundraising and our impact with a network of grassroots partners around the world. In return, we offer the chance to join a diverse, passionate and friendly team.
We are virtual organisation with staff and volunteers throughout Australia. There is a preference for the role to be based in NSW but are open to applications from other locations in Australia. We offer you a flexibility in negotiating when you will work your hours and where you will be based.
This is a part-time role set at 12 hours per week. You will be offered a 6 month contract and there may be potential for the role to expand. You will be employed at SCHADS Award level 3 or 4 depending on experience, plus superannuation benefits.
indigo foundation is an equal opportunity employer – we believe that diversity will make us a stronger organisation and we encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of ability, age, gender identity and expression, national origin, race and ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, or criminal record.
About indigo foundation
For 20 years, indigo foundation has partnered with grassroots organisations in marginalised communities around the world. We currently partner with 18 local organisations across eight countries.
We support local community partners to empower women and girls, improve education and health outcomes, secure better livelihoods for families and defend their human rights. We believe powerful and positive change is achieved through community control over decision-making and building strong local community organisations. We know from the evidence that community-led development works to transform lives and build more resilient communities. Our approach to partnership is built on respect, mutual learning and accepting that progress and setbacks are a normal part of community development.
We are a virtual organisation and we are proudly nimble and creative, with committed volunteers and supporters across Australia who value our distinctive approach to community partnerships and development.
indigo foundation is a child-safe organisation. We require all staff to sign our Code of Conduct for Working with Children and Young People and to obtain a current Working with Children and Vulnerable People clearance.
How to apply for this job
To apply for this role, please send your CV, a 1 page cover letter and document responding to the ‘skills’ selection criteria to Jemma Bailey at email@example.com, using the subject line: Fundraising and Supporter Relations Coordinator application.
Applications close at 5pm on 4 June 2020. Please send all enquiries about the role to Jemma Bailey on firstname.lastname@example.org.