Applications close: 5pm Monday 2 July
indigo foundation is recruiting for an Australia-based Partnership Coordinator to mentor our Partnership Advisor and manage our community development project in Wedweil in South Sudan, in the spirit of indigo foundation principles and development philosophy.
The position is a volunteer role and will work in close partnership with our Australia-based Partnership Advisor Santino Yuot, a former refugee from Wedweil. The role is a fantastic opportunity to work with representatives of the South Sudanese refugee community in Australia and with our community partners in South Sudan.
indigo foundation has worked in South Sudan for five years, in partnership with the Wedweil Community Development Fund, to train teachers, build school infrastructure and improve education outcomes. More information about the partnership is here.
You will be responsible for managing the community partnership program and mentoring our Australia-based Partnership Advisor. Specific responsibilities, working closely and collaboratively with our Partnership Advisor, include:
- assisting our community partner to achieve their objectives by providing advice, technical expertise, building capacity and facilitating linkages with other organisations as appropriate;
- managing key partnership agreements, budgets and financial reporting;
- ensuring all stages in project development and management are adequately documented and project files are maintained
- reporting verbally and in writing against a monitoring and evaluation framework;
- helping the Partnership Advisor to manage project-related travel, including compiling information for security assessments and debriefing; and
- fundraising and liaising with donors as required.
Full terms of reference available on request
- Demonstrated record of your commitment to achieving social justice and the principles of empowerment
- Understanding of and experience working with the challenges facing marginalised communities (experience in the Africa region desirable)
- Demonstrated ability to perform well in a mentoring role
- Experience in a program management role
- Ability to work cross culturally and value diversity
- Ability to communicate and work effectively within a team
- Strong report writing skills
- Ability to work to a deadline
- Be in possession of or have the ability to obtain a current Working with Children and Vulnerable People clearance
About indigo foundation
indigo foundation is a small, innovative and independent community development organisation. Community-led and volunteer-based, we commit ourselves to long term respectful partnerships and use an approach which values community ownership, sustainability, transparency and equity. We believe powerful and positive change is achieved through community control over decision-making, honest communication between communities and ourselves and building strong community organisations. We are volunteer-based with a virtual office and a collaborative and diverse team.
indigo foundation is a child-safe organisation.
How to apply for this role
To apply for this role please send your CV and a two page cover letter outlining your relevant experience and why you would be suitable for the role to Jemma Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: South Sudan Partnership Coordinator application by 5pm Monday 2 July.
Enquiries to Development Coordinator Libby House on email@example.com or 0490 061 744.