Date closed: 5pm Monday 8 May 2017
We are recruiting for an Australia-based Project Coordinator to manage our community development project in Wedweil in South Sudan, in the spirit of indigo foundation principles and development philosophy.
The position is a volunteer role and will work in close partnership with our Australia-based Project Advisor Santino Yuot, who is a former refugee from Wedweil. The role is a fantastic opportunity to work both with representatives of the South Sudanese refugee community in Australia and with our community partners in South Sudan.
indigo foundation has worked in Wedweil for three years, partnering with the local community to improve educational outcomes.
Working closely and collaboratively with our Australia-based Project Advisor, you will be responsible for:
- Undertaking and collaborating in needs assessment, risk analysis and monitoring and evaluation;
- Managing Commitment Agreements and budgets with our community partners;
- Assisting community partners to achieve their objectives by providing advice, technical expertise and facilitating linkages with other organisations as appropriate;
- Managing project-related travel for our South Sudanese Project Advisor, including security assessments and debriefing;
- Ensuring all stages in project development and management are adequately documented and project files are maintained;
- Reporting verbally and in writing against a monitoring and evaluation framework, including quarterly reporting to the indigo foundation Development Sub Committee; and
- Fundraising and liaising with donors as required.
Full terms of reference are available on request
About indigo foundation
indigo foundation is a small, innovative and independent community development organisation. Community-led and volunteer-based, we commit ourselves to long term respectful partnerships and use an approach which values community ownership, sustainability, transparency and equity. We believe powerful and positive change is achieved through community control over decision-making, honest communication between communities and ourselves and building strong community organisations. We are volunteer-based with a virtual office and a collaborative, diverse and happy team.
indigo foundation is a child-safe organisation.
How to apply for this role
To apply for this role please send your CV and a two page cover letter outlining your relevant experience and why you would be great for the role to Jemma Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: South Sudan Project Coordinator application by 5pm Monday 8 May. Early applications are encouraged. Inquiries to Development Coordinator Libby House on email@example.com or 0490 061 744.