We are recruiting for an Australia-based Project Coordinator to manage our community development project in the Budaka region of Eastern Uganda, in the spirit of indigo foundation principles and development philosophy. The position is a volunteer role.
indigo foundation has worked in Uganda for five years, partnering with six local community-based organisations that promote the health, education and human rights of orphans and vulnerable children impacted by HIV/AIDS. See here for more information about the project.
Working closely and collaboratively with our Uganda-based Liaison Officer and local partners, you will be responsible for:
- Undertaking needs assessment, risk analysis and monitoring and evaluation;
- Managing Commitment Agreements and budgets with our community partners;
- Assisting community partners to achieve their objectives by providing advice, technical expertise and facilitating linkages with other organisations as appropriate;
- Managing project related travel, including security assessments, debriefing and trip reporting;
- Ensuring all stages in project development and management are adequately documented and project files are maintained;
- Reporting verbally and in writing against a monitoring and evaluation framework, including quarterly reporting to the indigo foundation Development Sub Committee; and
- Fundraising and liaising with donors as required.
Full terms of reference are available on request.
About indigo foundation
indigo foundation is a small, innovative and independent community development organisation. Community-led and volunteer-based, we look at development differently – we commit ourselves to long term respectful partnerships and use an approach which values community ownership, sustainability, transparency and equity. We believe powerful and positive change is achieved through community control over decision-making, honest communication between communities and ourselves and building strong community organisations. We are volunteer-based with a virtual office and a collaborative, diverse and happy team.
indigo foundation is a child-safe organisation.
How to apply
To apply for this role please send your CV and a two page cover letter outlining your relevant experience and why you would be great for the role to Jemma Bailey at email@example.com, using the subject line: Uganda Project Coordinator application.
Enquiries to Development Coordinator Libby House on 0490 061 744 or firstname.lastname@example.org.